Monday, June 02, 2008

Job search

Okay, so it's been a year since I graduated. Top ten percent of business graduates, and the Outstanding Finance Graduate of my class. I've interviewed for at least twenty jobs, and I'm still looking. Today, I had a sort of phone interview, and had to answer the question, "Why is one of the top business graduates still looking for a job a year after graduating?" I wish someone would answer that question for me. I don't know. The only thing I've ever been told is, "We decided to pursue another candidate whom we feel is a better fit."

So, I suppose that means I don't fit in anywhere, since I've applied for every entry level finance job there is. The truth is, I think age discrimination is rampant, and that no one expects a fifty-something college graduate. And here I thought I would be able to overcome that by being one of the top graduates. Guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment