Saturday, February 02, 2013

Why perform market analysis?

Sometimes it's just fun to look at what people are searching for when they happen on my blog.  Today, I noticed that someone landed on my finance blog by searching for "why perform market analysis."  I had to laugh because, for one, I don't answer that question anywhere on that blog (at least not to my recollection), and two, because I can imagine someone just reading the mainstream news thinking that whatever the guru of the day is saying is fact, so, why do the analysis myself?

But seeing as there is at least one inquiring mind out there that wants to know why they should do market analysis, I'll answer that here.  You shouldn't.  Just read other people's analysis, and when you're having trouble finding anyone with anything negative to say... when there are plenty of bulls trying to shame the "worriers" because the market keeps "proving" them wrong... start selling.  You may be the putz that isn't making the big returns today, but in the end, you won't be the putz that is trying to sell when no one is buying.  You know, the putz that will end up not only giving back all their gains, but a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment